Disaster Recovery Solutions for Businesses
It is important to implement a data recovery solution as part of a concise business continuity plan.
There once was a time where companies required steel filing cabinets to store information. That time is long gone. Today most of the documents your employees rely on to make your business run properly are of the digital variety. Document duplication, fire proof vaults and off-site filing systems once were more prominent because that was the best way for companies to survive events where their data might be lost. All this extra storage was part of their business continuity plan. They knew that if a disaster ever struck, losing all of their work could be a fatal blow to their business.
This is where BTA comes in.Consider the files stored on your computer network. Everything is typically stored on a central hard drive or server to make the operation of the system simple and efficient for multiple users. The problem with this is that you face a higher-degree of risk by "putting all your eggs in one basket". Hard drives fail all the time, and tape backup is costly and inefficient, so having a dedicated backup system is really a must for any size business that relies on data.
If your business were to ever lose its data from drive failure, natural disaster or user error, you are likely staring tragedy in the face. Nearly 70% of businesses that lose their data quickly go out of business. Having a data recovery solution, like our BDR, is an essential component of a solid business continuity plan.
How Our Solution Works
Simple, yet effective and affordable.
Unlike tape backup, our managed backup and disaster recovery system utilises hard drives to redundantly backup your data. By storing the data away from your primary location, it helps ensure the redundancy that you are looking for in a comprehensive backup system. With BTA's BDR you'll know that your data is always safe. If ever anything were to happen to your original data, a re-route would be all it takes to get your business back up and running again. This allows you to minimise your downtime to minutes, as opposed to the hours it would take to restore that data by using a less efficient backup solution.
To ensure that your company is protected from disaster, we believe that it is best practice to find a solution that not only backs up your data redundantly in multiple locations, but has the ability to restore in minutes.
If you currently don't have a backup solution, then you need one. Based on an affordable, monthly flat-rate, BTA's managed backup and disaster recovery solution is a smart way to protect your business.
Key Elements of Service
Survive the disasters you didn’t see coming.
- Silent, continuous backups — runs invisibly in the background, allowing users to work without interruption and ensuring round-the-clock data protection.
- Unlimited storage, and every version — there is no need to compromise backup policies to fit arbitrary limits. Keep an unlimited number of versions and even deleted files forever, with no restriction on size, number, frequency or type of files.
- Self-service restore — a streamlined user interface makes it easy for end users to locate and restore their data; it’s as easy as browsing folders to locate the data to be accessed or restored.
- End-to-end security — data is encrypted on the device (448-bit blowfish), and remains encrypted in-transit (AES-128, TLS) and at rest.
- Legal hold and compliance — unlimited data retention settings, granular controls, real-time dashboard, tamper-proof backup archives, and admin-initiated push restores allow you to retain all previous versions of files, offering an easy way to ensure your organization meets compliance and legal requirements.
- Access and restore from anywhere — mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows and Amazon Kindle Fire provide a hassle-free way for users to access files and stay productive wherever they may be.
- Smart backup — securely backs up the most recently changed files first, on any network, no VPN necessary.
- Cross platform protection — back up every file on Windows, Linux or OS X laptops and desktops, with a consistent experience across all platforms.
- Secure — backups are stored in secure ISO27001/SSAE16 certified data centres.
- Simple — No need to purchase or maintain software licenses, annual maintenance or updates.